NORDIC CAB EXPLORER WINS SLED TEST IN DAGBLADET.
“the sled is comfortable to pull, not least due to a very comfortable harness that ensures that you pull using your entire upper body”
“The sled feels stable and you’re never afraid that it may overturn. It’s stable on the runners thanks to its wide runners”
“A major benefit is that the sled, when collapsed, easily fits in a car’s trunk”
“It provides a good skiing experience for an active and versatile family who enjoys skiing with the kids”
The sled test was performed by Dagbladet and DinSide in partnership with the Ski Association.
You can see the whole test in Dagbladet here. (Note: paywall)
Why you should choose Explorer X-Country:
- Isolation: Air between the snow and the sled means that cold is not transferred directly to the child.
- Flexible nylon drag: Cold-resistant, flexible nylon drag. material for unrestricted movement, very strong and virtually impossible to break. This provides you with flexibility in the sled drag. This provides increased mobility and comfort when you are pulling the sled and virtually removes the risk of anything being damaged in the event of a fall.
- Compact: None of the transport trailer’s components are longer than the actual base, which makes this a transport trailer that easily fits in the trunk of the car.
- Storage: There’s plenty of space behind the seat (ca 94 L) in the Explorer sled for storing equipment for the trip. It’s also possible store lighter objects on the sled’s roof and to hang objects behind the sled. In the children’s compartment on the sled there are also two pockets to store toys and drink bottles, for example.
- Protection against wind and snow: The child in an Explorer sled is well-protected inside the cab. The child is not directly affected by snow or wind, which is often the greatest risk on trips. There’s plenty of ventilation in the sled and good adjustment options. If it’s a nice and warm Easter day, it can be completely open if you prefer.
- Sunshades in window: Retractable sunshades in all windows. Along with the UV filter, this is useful in low, sharp winter sun.
- Ergonomic harness: The harness is equipped with wide, padded shoulder straps, providing for a comfortable, ergonomic pulling experience. A rigid padded waist belt relieves the strain on the back. Integrated protective patches protect clothing against wear.
- Excepyional stability: Due to the low centre of gravity and the distance between the runners, the sled is one of the most stable sleds on the market.
The child-friendly option
- Safety first. Safety is one of the most important aspects when it comes to transporting our children. Our trailers are therefore equipped with a solid aluminium roll cage for maximum safety.
- Comfortable seats. Nordic Cab Comfort Seats allow for a unique seat solution in which the seats can be adjusted to any position, all the way down to a fully horizontal flat bed to provide your child with the optimal sleeping position. Your children can relax, allowing you to experience more.
- Extra height. The Explorer sled is equipped with extra interior height, allowing you and your children to explore the world in the most comfortable manner possible.
- For one or two children. Explorer allows you to easily adjust the two seats to a single central position when transporting only one child.
Explorer X-Country – Technical information and dimensions:
- Number of children: 1–2
- Weight of trailer: 15 kg*
- Seat shoulder width 30 cm per child*
- Seat height 71 cm*
- Folded dimensions (W x L x H): 61 x 101 x 41 cm*
- Installed dimensions (W x L x H): 79 x 90 x 107 cm*
- Maximum door opening: 80 cm
Nordic Cab trailers have been tested and approved in accordance with:
- Bike trailers (EN 15918: 2011+A1:2013)
- Wheeled child conveyances (EN 1888)
Testing has been performed by an independent control body (SGS)
*Dimensions may vary depending on installation